Our history writing bids and tenders for the marine, maritime and shipbuilding industry
The marine, maritime and shipbuilding industry is inherently international. Our team of bid writing consultants have experience helping companies in the marine, maritime and shipbuilding industry write winning bids and proposals in the UK as well as internationally. We blend our bid writing expertise with our knowledge and experience in the industry to help businesses secure private and public (government) sector contracts.
Sectors within the marine, maritime and shipbuilding industry which our team of bid writers have exposure to include:
- Shipbuilding and Repair: Including tenders for ship design and construction, repair and maintenance of ships and contracts for the construction and repair of other naval vessels.
- Ports and Harbors: Including a broad range of large infrastructure projects for the development of ports, harbour maintenance and dredging works as well as the construction of terminal facilities. This experience extends beyond the UK and includes globally including in the middle east.
- Shipping and Freight: Including assisting clients with tenders on cargo and shipping services, container handling and logistics contract, and freight forwarding tenders.
- Offshore Oil and Gas: Our experience in the Oil and Gas industry and international and we benefit greatly from the experience of our Australian partners, The Tender Team. We have helped clients with bids, proposals and tenders related to offshore platform construction and maintenance, subsea exploration and drilling and the provision of offshore support vessels and associated services.
- Marine Electronics and Navigation: Our exposure to this category is both military and commercial. Bids we have worked on have covered radar and navigation equipment, communication systems and sonar and underwater detection technology.
- Renewable Energy in the Marine Sector: Our experience incorporates our other key focus of writing bids and tenders for the renewable sector. We have helped companies write and win tenders for a variety of renewable energy projects in the marine sector including for offshore win farm development, tidal and wave energy projects,
- Marine equipment and supplies: We have helped businesses identify new markets and secure contracts for a range of equipment supply tenders. These include supply of engines and propulsion systems, safety equipment and life saving devices and gear, simulation and training equipment and other marine materials.
- Fisheries and aquaculture: Our experience includes writing bids associated with fishing vessel construction, aquaculture farms and fisheries research.
- Environmental services: Including contracts for Marine pollution control and cleanup services, undertaking environmental impact assessments (often urgent) and ecosystem restoration bids.
- Maritime Security and Defence: Including the provision of naval vessels, maritime surveillance and patrol vessels.
- Legal Maritime Tenders: We have developed capability statement and responded to tender for Top-Tier, Mid-Tier and Boutique law firms across the globe. Maritime law is a specialist area, and our writers have the knowledge and gravitas to talk confidently with Partners and extract the relevant information.
- Salvage and Wreck Removal: including working on tenders associated with Salvage and wreck removal operations and the provision and supply of marine salvage equipment. These are often urgent tender responses or proposals.
Examples of some of the clients we have helped include:
- A cruise operator looking to secure the rights to transport ferry passengers to a terminal.
- A software company putting forward a bid for a navigational software package.
- A defence contractor for the design and construction of a frigate.
The above is just a sample of the extensive experience we have helping companies in the marine and shipbuilding industry secure contracts.
Areas we service
We have helped companies across the UK as well as in Europe and in the Middle East. In addition, we work closely with companies in Asia and have helped companies bid for and secure contracts with shipbuilders in Korea. Regardless of if your company is based in London, Ireland, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool.
Our experience extends internationally. We have assisted UK and international companies to identify and bid for contracts internationally. This includes coordinating the submission of tenders and bids for projects and services in the Middle East, Europe and Asia (Korea) as well as Australia.
How we can help you win
Our team will help you complete your next shipbuilding or marine contract by:
- Design graphics and infographics for your bid
- Strategise and develop your key win themes
- Project manage your response
- Write compelling responses to each question
- Communicate with and gather information from SMEs and other stakeholders
If you are looking for current UK maritime tenders for ship maintenance services, are interested in upcoming marine tender opportunities in the United Kingdom or need help and guidance on how to apply for marine construction tenders in the UK our team is able to assist. We understand the tender process for UK port and other development projects and have helped clients complete environmental impact assessments for marine tenders in the UK (in conjunction with specialists consultants). Our clients are businesses large and small, and we understand the requirements for small business eligibility for UK maritime contracts and as well as how to incorporate sustainable shipping initiatives into UK maritime tenders.
Contact us today to arrange a fee proposal for your next must-win bid. Our Director, Jason Cooney, along with one of our tender writing consultants will review the opportunity and scope out the project. We look forward to the opportunity assist you with your next marine or shipbuilding bid.