Our tender and bid writing service in Oman
Our team of tender and bid writers have extensive experience helping clients from across the globe write tenders and bids in the Sultinate of Oman. Through our offices here in the UK, as well as Greece, and Australia, we service the Middle East – and in particular, Oman, and many of our writers have lived and worked in the Middle East in in-house roles. This includes a number of in-house roles in Oman.
Our experience helping clients win Government contracts in Oman across different sectors
Our experience extends across all sectors for tenders in Oman and we have helped clients write bids for:
- Infrastructure projects: International companies, often with local JV partners, often bid for infrastructure projects in Oman. The country has seen heavy development in infrastructure over the past twenty years, including in roads, ports, airports and utilities. The government in Oman often cooperates with the private sector for the construction, operation and maintenance of critical infrastructure through different avenues and structures. The most common are Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) and Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) structures and involve the government issuing an RFP, RFT or other contract structure. We help international infrastructure and construction companies submit compliant and compelling bids for these contracts as well as
- Fee Economic Zones and ‘Free Zones’: Many companies invest in Oman and take advantage of the special economic zones and ‘free zones’ which have been established with the aim of attracting investment from foreign entities. Our team understands the advantages of investing in these zones, such as the Duqm Special Economic Zone and the Salalah Free Zone, and will assisting you in making applications to operate in them. Where there are tax incentives, customs exemptions and less red tape to encourage ease of doing business, we can help assess your proposed operations against these advantages to ensure you are in a position to make use of them.
- Renewable energy: We have helped clients write bids, proposals and regulatory and permit applications for renewable energy projects large and small in the Sultanate of Oman. This extends from solar and PV, to wind and other renewable energy projects. When writing bids and tenders to the government of Oman, it is important to demonstrate a comprehensive and practical plan to ensure knowledge transfer to the local population. With Oman looking to further reduce its carbon footprint and diversify its energy base, it will more than likely result in them continuing to support and pursue energy projects (including renewable energy). This will ensure a continued pipeline of tender opportunities and project opportunities for our renewable energy clients across the globe who are looking to invest in Oman.
- Tourism and Hospitality: Over the years 10 – 20 years Oman has grown into a compelling and attractive tourism proposition for travelers across the globe. As a result, there has been an increase in tourism infrastructure – which is supported by the government. There are tender and contract opportunities for the development of hotels, resorts, eco and cultural tourism ventures and our team has helped clients write bids and submit tenders for these opportunities.
- Oil and Gas: Foreign (and domestic) companies often bid for oil and gas industry contracts through joint ventures and production sharing agreements. We work closely with global oil and gas companies to write compelling bids and tenders to help them form joint ventures and win contracts. In addition, we are able to assist, and have assisted, companies to bid for contracts in the oil and gas services sector. From maintenance, to shipping and everything in between, our bid and tender writers know the local terminology, have local knowledge and are able to assist small to medium organisations to win both government and private sector contracts in the oil and gas industry in Oman.
Our bid and tender writing consultants: Experienced in writing to different government ministries in Oman
We have helped clients write and submit bids to a range of different government ministries in Oman (as well as directly to private corporations). Some of these include the Ministry of Housing and Urban Planning (which releases tenders for housing and urban development projects), the Ministry of Oil and Gas (for production contracts), the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, and also the Public Authority for Electricity and Water (PAEW). Other Ministries we have worked on bids to include the Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZAD), Ministry of Defence and Sultan’s Armed Forces, Public Authority for Civil Aviation (PACA) and Ministry of Regional Municipalities and Water Resources.
How we can help you with your next bid in Oman
Our team of writers based here in the UK, on the ground in Oman, and also in Greece will help you:
- Conduct a bid or no bid analysis to understand if the contract is suitable to your company and worth bidding for. We will take you through the RFP and contract requirements, and will cross check these against your capabilities and experience.
- Find suitable joint venture partners for your project or contract. We will leverage our network to help you find a suitable joint venture partner when possible. We can help you communicate with and negotiate with local joint venture partners in Oman.
- Write your bid. We can project manage your bid and coordinate all of our internal stakeholders.
- Review, edit, finalise and submit your bid. We will create graphics and infographics as required, and are able to ensure you submit a polished and professional bid.
Responding to In Country Value Requirements (ICV) in Oman
As part of any government tender writing or bid in Oman, you will need to answer questions on and provide a submission for In-Country-Value. The focus of In Country Value in Oman is similar to other countries such as the UK and Australia with similar schemes. I.e. it is focused on delivering economic, social and other benefits to Oman and ensuring that the downstream benefits of any project flow through to Oman.
The Government of Oman developed the In Country Value (ICV) polit to provide an incentive for both Omani and foreign companies to procure goods in Oman and train local Omanis. It sets a minimum threshold for investment in Oman for government tenders, and provide a framework and structure by which there will be skills transfer for overseas companies and investors and their personnel to local Omanis.
Our team of bid writers in London, Greece and consultants locally in Oman, are experienced in writing In Country Value submissions for overseas and local companies. The procurement process in Oman involves a tender board – which is an independent board which the procurement is funneled through. Again, as in most countries, these boards comprise of technocrats, consultants and government officials. Some ministries, such as Petroleum Development Oman and the Ministry of Defense have their own boards.
Most of our clients identify tender opportunities through the tender board website through notifications and our team of bid and tender writers in Oman are able to monitor this for you and let you know of suitable opportunities.
The different ICV elements which you need to address (and our tender writers will help you address) in your In Country Value submission include:
- Investments in Fixed Assets (which is direct foreign investment in Oman and may involve the purchasing of warehousing, property, manufacturing equipment or offices)
- Omanisation in the Work Force (including a comprehensive and practical plan for hiring locals)>
- Training of Omanis (including international skills transfers, and other training protocols)
- Local Sourcing of Goods (including a local procurement plan to ensure products are sourced and purchased locally where possible).
- Local Sourcing of Subcontracted Services. You need to demonstrate you have put thought into which service providers you will engage.
- Development of National Training, Education and R&D Institutions. This includes submitting white papers, providing guest professor input and development programs for internships and work experience with these Universities and other training institutions.
If you are tendering for a government contract in the Oil and Gast Industry in Oman, or alternatively, another market, it is critical that you put your company forward as a credible provider that is actively engaging in ICV.
Through the newly developed electronic systems, Ta’ziz, you can find suitable SMEs to work with as part of your ICV contribution. Undertaking this through the tender response business
Companies engaging in ICV are viewed as a responsible partner and benefit from their special status. Furthermore, establishing local manufacturing capabilities can help operators shorten the lead times for sourcing of goods and minimise the working capital and inventory required.
A new electronic system called Ta’ziz was introduced earlier this year by the Omani Authority for Partnership for Development, to offer Omani companies a chance to participate in multinational projects and contribute to the In-Country Value (ICV). It will allow Omani SMEs to register online to work alongside multinational projects and is a quick and effective way to identify suitable service providers in Oman.
Contact our team today to discuss how we can assist you with your bid and tender writing in Oman, and also to provide a robust In Country Value plan and response to any requirements.